Recently I’ve been looking at and thinking about that lovely Miss Caro-chan’s "Confessions..." post. And in this thinking, I’ve decided to make my own list of “Lolita Confessions.” This is not to say that I am ashamed of these, but they do go against the “norm” of lolita.
- I like to show more skin then most. I, of course, wouldn’t do this to a meet up, unless it seemed appropriate, but I don’t like to wear blouses all the time. With JSKs or strappless OPs, I prefer to let my shoulders show. This may come from the fact that in the Sunny South, the less clothes mean the cooler you are.
- I don’t always wear a petit coat. Most of the time I do, but not always. Sometimes I find they get in the way and can be itchy.
- I don’t do my hair or wear hair bows. Granted sometimes I do, but most of the time I prefer to simply let my hair lay however it wants. Sometimes I’ll put in a barrett or ribbon, but straight or pig-tail braids are more common for me.
- Very few of my skirts or dresses were intended to be worn as lolita. This isn’t to say that the petit coats don’t work with them, it’s simply that they were made to be flowy and loose. Mostly American brands.
- I wear flats more than anything. I’m not one for crazy shoes. I’m clumsy enough on the ground, I don’t need farther to fall. Plus, I despise heavy shoes!
I’m positive I have many more, but those are the ones I can think of right now. Do you have any lolita confessions you’d like to share? Maybe we can all find a kindred spirit!