15 April, 2010

The boy who can be my best friend.



Have you ever heard the saying “Don’t look for the one can be the best boyfriend, look to the one who can be your best friend” ? That’s a saying I’ve kept close to my heart recently. Since my freshman year, this saying has meant so much to me. As much as it’s meant to me, I haven’t been able to follow it. I continue to look for the ones I think can love me the best or who can provide for me should we make it so far. I’ve been looking for “the best boyfriend,” but that’s not how I should have gone about it. Recently, I’ve rekindled a relationship with a dear friend, and dare I say crush, from sixth grade. His name is Hunter and he’s amazing. He’s an amazing friend. He’s kind and sweet. He volunteers, gives blood, is part of the Big Brothers & Big Sisters program, and he’s in the Marine JROTC at his school. He wants to spend time with me, and he never makes fun of me or laughs at me for not being good at this or that. I truely think I’ve found the boy who can be my best friend.
To add to all this amazingness, he also loves my Lolita. He doesn’t mind the attention it brings and I honestly believe he’ll be a man willing to learn more about the style. I also think he’ll be accepting of my lifestyle as he becomes more involved in my life. He seems the type to want to learn to make a perfect cup of tea or the type who would bring/pick flowers just because they made him think of me. I’m so incredibly happy to have refound him. He’s so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment